Message from Claudia Weber
As a professional Behavioral Therapist, Hypnotherapist and Life Coach, I am called to help people with all sorts of addictions. One that has become a major and significant problem is porn addiction. Now you may think this is a joke or that I’m going to sit on a soap box and lecture, not so at all. This is a serious subject in the world and many therapists feel that it is contributing to the increase in divorces, sexual crimes, violence etc. I just want to bring some facts to your attention, so people will watch for it in their teens, college age children, friends and partners in life. The image shown is a single photon emission computerized tomography brain scan. Even the untrained eye can see the pornography addict’s brain is visibly depleted, damaged.
Now you may laugh at me for doing this, but as a professional therapist, I am constantly doing research into all kinds of subjects, to better understand and help my clients. So what I did was write down a list of all of the types of pornography my clients have been viewing, and investigated it. Disturbing is what I found it to be. I admit that I felt extremely uncomfortable viewing this late at night, which I did so because a lot of my clients watch at those times and I wanted to see if the websites showed or did something different at those late hours. All I can say is, "WOW!!" The insensitivity and violence is ALARMING! I have a much better understanding of how devastating this could be on relationships and how distorted an addicts view could get. BUT this is NOT just a mental and emotional issue, there is a serious medical side to this problem as well.
It’s important to know that the region of the brain most depleted by this addiction is in the prefrontal cortex, the part that makes us human, according to Dr. Lawrence Tucker. This part of the brain is you C.E.O. and controls every other aspect of your brain. If someone is hooked on porn, then their C.E.O. drops off and their decision making capabilities takes a nose dive.
HOW DOES THIS DESTROY A RELATIONSHIP?
- The addict starts to lie and cover up their addiction.
- There is a decrease in intimacy and connection with their partner.
- They become insensitive towards their partner and even possibly their children, friends and co-workers.
- They start to purposely miss opportunities to spend quality time with their partner and friends, so they can stay home and indulge in their viewing.
- They become overly defensive, angry, and irritable when questioned about porn, or asked to please stop this activity.
- They are unable to stop and the lying gets worst.
- They start cheating on their partners and have affairs.
WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE ADDICT?
According to research
- They feel powerless to stop, and take every opportunity to indulge in their addiction.
- They start spending more and more time viewing.
- They need more and more to satisfy their addiction.
- They need to increase the violence and diversity of what they are watching to be satisfied.
- They find themselves more and more angry and dissatisfied with their partner.
- They feel anxious, irritable and stressed out.
- They are neglecting their partner, family and friends.
- They are cheating on their partners and lying about it.
These symptoms echo substance abuse disorders, and will inevitably lead to depression, anxiety, divorces, broken homes and even possibly the loss of their jobs.
I help clients by using Behavioral Therapy, Hypnotherapy and Life Coaching, BUT it’s my recommendation that porn addicts start with a structured program first, then get support afterwards with me, making it a positive recovery and experience.
FOR HELP CALL 1-877-751-2850 and go from there.
THIS PAGE IS BEING DEVELOPED, SO ALCOHOL AND DRUG INFORMATION IS COMING SOON...